ABOUT THIS BUSINESS
Phone enquiries - please quote property ID 11767
The Cape Car and Boat Wash has been operating since August 2008. The owners and operators established the Car and Boat Wash after realising the need for such a facility in the area given the nearest comparable car wash is located in Cairns. This has allowed the business to operate effectively free of competition. The Car and Boat Wash is located in Weipa, a town closely linked to the operations of Rio Tinto. A boat ramp is located just 500m away making it easy for boat owners to stop by and wash their boats after use. The business would be ideal for a single person or couple to live onsite, work for Rio Tinto and generate a second income from the Car and Boat Wash.
The Car and Boat Wash offers a range of services including:
* Undercarriage washing to remove mud and salt water.
* Heavy duty vacuum cleaners with air freshener spray, interior shampoo and spot remover.
* Change and vending machines with cleaning products and food/drinks.
* A total of 5 wash down bays (4 single and 1 double), all undercover featuring options to allow pre-soaking, high power soap wash, foam brushing, tyre cleaning, high pressure rinsing, clear coat conditioning, waxing and boat motor flushing.
* Bay 5 is designed for trucks and vehicles towing boats, trailers etc.
The property on which the business is located is 2940m2 of Freehold Land and will also allow for generating additional income streams.
* Property features a fully air-conditioned self-contained one bedroom dwelling with kitchen and lounge open living, toilet, bathroom and laundry all-in-one, 9m x 3m verandah the full length of the building and potential to earn $350/week in rental income (could be used as a personal residence).
* The business could easily be expanded to offer additional services such as the detailing of vehicles.
* There is a vacant section of the block which could be used for another business.
The council has granted approval for a storage shed with showroom.
The property also features a shipping container for storage, a plant room containing the machinery, a forklift, dog yard and shelter for a guard dog.
If you love fishing then this is an ideal business and living opportunity with world famous fishing available here. Weipa has a hospital, local doctor, Woolworths Supermarket, bait and tackle shop, hotel, bowls and golf clubs.
Weipa is the end of the line for travellers heading north on the Peninsular Development Road. A town built to support the mining of Comalcoâ€™s massive bauxite deposits, Weipa is a pleasant community on the waters of the Gulf of Carpentaria. It attracts both adventurers and keen fisherman.