Member since: May 09, 2017
Last Login: Apr 11, 2018 06:22 PM
Retrofit New Zealand Limited (Thermawood) is the leader in retrofitting existing timber joinery. We are fully committed to an industry-best sustainably policy governing all operations. Our purpose is to bridge the gap between manufacturers of sustainable building solutions. We strive to improve our world by supplying innovative, natural and effective retrofit glazing solutions that are not only viable in the long term but also able to assist with reducing energy consumption while maximizing the level of thermo-comfort for New Zealanders at work, home or play.
We aim to continually improve our performance through gathering information on how we can encourage and utilise sustainable practices in order to ensure a better future tomorrow by saving energy today.
We operate as an organization focused on providing our clients and the wider community with responsible, cost effective timber retrofitting solutions. Long term sustainability, as well as the cost saving benefits of lowering consumption and utilizing efficient double glazing is practiced within Thermawood on a daily basis.
We are committed to working with our strategic partners and the communities we engage with to promote efficient and environmentally sustainable lifestyle choices. Communication, accountability and social responsibility between stakeholders is of paramount importance at Thermawood and can be seen in our continued efforts to provide as much information and advice where possible.
At all times our approach is sustainable, environmentally aware and proficient. We have recently started to develop a number of strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations who share our vision for providing sustainable and environmentally beneficial products and services. Our choice in suppliers for key components of our system reflects this
Above all, we endeavour to continually improve our system and business performance through on-going research and development.
As a leader in Retro fitting existing Timber Joinery, Thermawood is fully committed to an industry-best sustainability policy governing all operations.
The four focus areas of our environmental strategy are:
- Product design – Eco innovation. This involves a constant search for materials and technology that ensures a competitive edge. Our retrofit system is made from 100% recyclable and reusable materials.
- Supply Chain Management. We recognize the vital role our suppliers play in the production process of our system. That is why we have chosen Metro Glasstech, CSR Viridian New World Glass, Eccotech, Hume Pine NZ Ltd and JTech Plastics Ltd as preferred suppliers of our system’s components.
- Product Stewardship. End of life management is important to Thermawood. We aim to manage our products to minimize waste and ensure economic and environmental significance.
- Stakeholder Communications. We strive to have clear and open communication flows within and outside of the organization.
Key Goals, Commitments and Accountability
Accountability, social responsibility and our environmental strategy ensure that at all times at Thermawood we strive to:
- Enjoy life.
- Maximise the efficient use of all resources.
- Share our knowledge of sustainable choices with the community.
- Engaging with our stakeholders to improve the efficiency and sustainability performance of our system.
- Successful retention and development of our intellectual knowledge. We believe in teaching and working with staff to strive for optimal performance, efficiency and sustainability.
- Enhancing our processes and systems both internally and externally.
- Carry out on-going development and maintenance of high standards of ethical and ecologically sensitive business practices at all times.
- Establish and achieve sustainable performance targets.
- Minimise waste and environmental impact through reuse and recycling.
- Never knowingly purchases products or services that are sourced either directly or indirectly from companies that exploit child labour. Through our health and safety policies, Thermawood complies with the Health & Safety Act 1992 and subsequent amendments. We also support and work to the Human Rights Act 1993, the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990, and the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Engage with our clients and suppliers to improve the efficiency and sustainability performance of our manufacturing and supply of world-class energy solutions